Friday, January 1, 2016

Yule be watching the slopes all day

Christmas Yule Blog Part4

 

 A day of skiing was more for the grandchildren then for Grampy and Tracey. They watched while the rest or us hit the slopes, some more literally than others.  It turns out I was the best skier of the bunch, which I consider hilarious since I never imagined after not putting on a ski for 30 years.

This is our first ski lift ride all together. We were all so happy on the bunny slope.

We all took a lesson. Unfortunately the kids and adults are separated so I do not know what was happening with them but Doug and I had fun learning the basics with Mr. Ed, our instructor.
I was the teachers pet since I am "a natural". So I goofed off A LOT and played demonstrator. It was fun and I know Martin was laughing at me hamming it up. Doug did well and even said he would ski again.


Having fun


Mr. Confident
The boys did marvelous and took to speeding straight down the bunny slopes as fast as they could go. Soon they wanted more of a challenge.   They begged and pleaded and asked with determined persistence to go down the bigger slope.  Thomas  mad face was enough to crumble my heart but I sent him back as Samuel and I went up the next slope. 





 This was the last smile of that run. Every time he went to turn he fell. He looked like an angry spider squashed on the slope several times and I screamed "BIG PIZZA SLICE" more than I care to count. Thankfully his binding broke about 200 yards into the run and he had to walk down. At one point he looked at me and said with attitude "Why did you let me do this?" Good question, I thought looking down towards the very distant lodge.

20 minutes later we were at the base safe and sound. No more requests were made to leave the bunny slope.

Zip Lining the next day was particularly fun because we all participated. Also, I was once again a natural, who knew? All about that tomorrow.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment